Tuesday 7 February 2012

A Magnificent Birth

Meet Tilly (left) and Mona (right)
Today is a day much like any other. For instance, the sun rose in the morning as it is prone to do, the cats spent the afternoon asleep at entirely opposite ends of the bean bag, and this evening I am once again staring into the glowing abyss that is my computer screen. And yet today is not so much like any other. After all, this morning I received an espresso tamper in the post, I had a bath in the middle of the afternoon, and at this exact moment I am writing the first entry of this very blog.

Indeed, it would seem that everyday is at once strikingly similar and thoroughly different, no matter how large or small the apparent similarities and differences may be. It is this idea that brings me to the impetus for this somewhat arbitrary and uncompromisingly insignificant endeavour. Our thoughts are never-ending; in fact, it may be more correct to say that our thought is never-ending. Like the continuous cycle of inhalation and exhalation or the constant beating of the heart that keeps us alive, we never find ourselves without a thought, even if the very content of that thought relates to a perceived lack of any such content. However, in the same way that we may respire at a slower rate when we relax, or our heart instinctively pumps faster when we exercise, our thought exists in a perpetual state of fluctuation; always susceptible to change, always similar, and always different. In an admittedly egocentric fashion, it is to document some of the more interesting highlights in my own thought that I have started this blog. And whilst you may not agree with some or, indeed, any of them, it is enough to know that my own thoughts have been reciprocated.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I did a thought...